Ebola Innovation Summit Welcomes Brightest Idea-Makers in Global Health, Technology and Government to Devise New Ways to Tackle Ebola
Today, April 21, Paul G. Allen will host the Ebola Innovation Summit in partnership with the Skoll Global Threats Fund and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The one-day, interactive event brings together a diverse group of experts to solve some of the biggest challenges in the current Ebola response. The summit will build on the lessons learned from this Ebola outbreak to improve the world’s ability to fight the next outbreak.
Attendees will problem-solve against four challenge areas: Data collection and coordinated systems; diagnostics; social mobilization; and emergency infrastructure and logistics. Promising innovations will be evaluated and funded by Paul G. Allen along with other funders interested in supporting great ideas.
• Paul G. Allen, Founder, Vulcan Inc. and the Paul G. Allen Family Foundation
• Dr. Larry Brilliant, Epidemiologist, Former President/CEO of the Skoll Global Threats Fund and an advisor to Jeffrey Skoll
• Dr. Olawale Maiyegun, Director of Social Affairs, African Union
• Dr. David Nabarro, Special Envoy on Ebola, United Nations
• Hon. Madina Rahman, Deputy Minister of Health and Sanitation, Sierra Leone
• Denise Rollins, Senior Coordinator for the Africa Ebola Unit, USAID
• Dr. Rajiv Shah, Distinguished Fellow, Georgetown University
Summit attendees include scientists, engineers, government representatives, academics, and philanthropists who will combine resources to develop and design new approaches to these challenges.
Note: Morning sessions from 9AM-Noon PT are available to registered press only.
The invitation-only event is being held in San Francisco. For specific location, please reach out to the contact below to register.
Follow the Summit on Twitter: #Innovate4Ebola and @TackleEbola
CONTACT: To register for the morning sessions or to request additional information contact:
Vulcan Media Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Kukowski, Burson-Marsteller